Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is my dahlia's and they are doing phenemonal. I love having these all summer in a vase on my kitchen table. The beautiful dark purple ornamental plant is one of my favorites. It is tradescantia pallida. It is amazing to have a splash of purple all around my landscaping. It is technically not a perennial in my zone in GA, but comes back every year. It has beautiful pinkish/purple flowers that will bloom around August. I have transplanted this successfully from cuttings with and w/out rooting hormones. Just snip it and put in the soil! I am also bringing it in as a houseplant. Without full sun it will lose some of the purple and turn more green. It stands out so beautifully against the lush green grass and many assortment of flowers, especially YELLOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

favorite books

  • Illustrated Dictionary of Gardening