Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rose Garden

Rose's Garden...
I have fond memories of my gram opening her heart and table to anyone & everyone. Watching her prepare her harvest making delicious meals and then touching hearts giving them food that feeds the soul...God's word. They say the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach.. I guess my Italian heritage is rooted in this. So, as I go out to tend my garden I can't help think of my gram.. and how her hands worked the soil, put the seeds in the ground. Watching and waiting for life to spring forth. She had such an amazing satisfaction from something so simple. (as I do) She protected her harvest no matter what the cost... the many seeds sown still live on today, as her granddaughter i am greatful that she showed me and many others a better way. Thanks, gram...

1 comment:

  1. Your gram was amazing. I only saw her a handful of times, but what I do know of her I can still see! Her look... and her way. The joy you have in gardening is reaching into my life and into the lives of my children! I know they've learned from you as I have... So I guess I have "Gram" to thank too!

    ReplyDelete

favorite books

  • Illustrated Dictionary of Gardening